Sink your fangs into this…
Don’t be frightened by these hauntingly hearty vampire bites. Our partners-in-crime Kodiak Cakes, Goodles, and Runamok made a snack that’s to die for. Dare to dig in?
For the Filling
- 1 box GOODLES Cheddy Mac
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese, lightly packed
For the Coating
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 – 4 cups Vegetable Oil, depending on pan size
For the Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp Runamok Sparkle Syrup
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Mayo
Prep Time: 2 Hours (inc. 1 hr in freezer)
Cook Time: 5 Mins
1. Make Goodles as directed, plus shredded cheese.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
3. Scoop out 12 -15 small haystacks of Goodles onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Place into freezer for 1 hour or more.
5. Prepare sweet and spicy dipping sauce by whisking together Runamok Sparkle Syrup, Sriracha, and mayo.
6. Prepare egg wash stations into three separate bowls:
- Bowl 1 Kodiak Buttermilk Mix, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper.
- Bowl 2 3 Eggs scrambled
- Bowl 3 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs. Option to add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Heat frying oil to 350 degrees. Enough oil to fully submerge the mac and cheese bites.
8. Remove mac and cheese bites from the freezer. Form haystacks into ball shapes.
9. Coat bites starting with the Kodiak mixture, egg, Kodiak mixture, egg, and fishing with the panko breadcrumbs. Only make up to 3 at a time.
10. Carefully drop the mac and cheese bites into the hot oil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from oil onto a bed of paper towels or onto a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
12. Repeat the process until all the bites are cooked. Serve immediately with the Runamok sweet and spicy dip.