We have a number of job opportunities at the moment. See below for our full list of openings:
- June 11, 2021 |
If you are ready for a challenging and exciting adventure, our client is looking for a Director of Operations with food production experience who can support the rapid growth of Runamok Maple into 2021 and beyond. The Director of Operations will report directly to the CEO.
The Director of Operations is a proven leader, educator, communicator, and hands-on operator who thrives on rolling up their sleeves and driving performance improvements from the manufacturing floor all the way through fulfillment. This individual must also be able to thrive at a strategic level as well and demonstrate strong leadership skills, share a passion for our mission, and direct daily operations to include management, production, budget oversight, team leadership, time and resource planning, purchasing, maintenance, and product logistics. The ability to know when to delegate and when to participate is imperative. The Director of Operations must consistently demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct, and trustworthiness in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is experienced in food manufacturing and safety, is solution-oriented, and can successfully manage teams to deliver results in four key operational areas; people, quality, efficiency, and cost controls. It is expected that the role will develop into the VP of Ops role based on the growth of the company and the performance of the candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Active member of the Executive Team responsible for developing and executing Runamok’s mission, vision, values, and culture resulting in consecutive years of growth
- Creates the plan to produce specialty food products and oversees the execution of the plan
- Forecasts, improves efficiencies, and identifies opportunities for growth while maintaining a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, and effective communication
- Ensures full compliance with all state and federal agency regulated health, food safety, and safety codes
- Establishes and maintains the strategic plans for manufacturing covering capacity planning, infrastructure/equipment requirements, cost containment, labor management, and initiatives required for continuous improvements
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Drives a commitment to continuous improvement and oversees budget, staff training and leadership
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling, and storage of foods, and the operation of food processing equipment
- Uses technology, data, rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies, and margins
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that appropriately trained back-up personnel are assigned to cover the nominated duties of key personnel, in their absence, to maintain the integrity of the SQF Food Safety System
- Helps create and administer COVID-19 workplace health and safety practices
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience directing the operations of a food manufacturing facility
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, food science, supply chain management, or related field of study
- Experience with ERP implementation and customization is required
- Very proficient with Google Sheets/Excel to budget, track, and manage production needs
- Very comfortable using technology and software applications
- The ideal candidate is mechanically inclined and has familiarity with food manufacturing equipment
- Experience in FDA/USDA monitored environments and/or SQF experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, food safety, and organizational development/management
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical, and strategic thinking skills
- A successful track record of being able to establish and achieve performance goals, and objectives for safety, quality, cost control, manufacturing efficiency, and process development
- May 24, 2021 |
Love all things maple? Looking for work with a highly competitive pay and benefit package? Want to find someplace with the opportunity for growth? Come join the team at Runamok Maple, the nation’s most innovative and fastest growing manufacturer of maple products.
We currently have an opening for an Accounting Associate at our Fairfax facility, and are looking for the right person. If you have a strong understanding of accounting principles, attention to detail and are a self-starter, you could be that person.
This is an entry level position with a competitive wage that includes: employer sponsored health care, vision care, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan with a company match, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid volunteer opportunities, and the chance to be part of an exciting, mission driven business. Oh, let’s not forget the free and discounted Runamok Maple syrup allowances. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare and maintain accounting documentation and records
- Post bank deposits and reconcile cash accounts
- Maintain vendor records, process accounts payable and ensure timely payments
- Maintain customer ledgers, invoicing and monthly bank statements
- Work with internal team to record timely credit card transactions and monthly credit card reconciliations
- Assist with month-end closing process
- Research, track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Comply with GAAP principles
Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 2 years work experience in Accounting
- Familiarity with accounting principles and GAAP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsAbility to multitask, prioritize and organize effectively
- June 10, 2021 |
We’re looking for a Production Manager to lead a team of individuals in the production of specialty maple syrup, maple cocktails, and bitters. This position will manage hiring, production, scheduling, and general oversight of our manufacturing operations. This position requires an experienced leader, with demonstrated success in leading collaboratively, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, focused on creating a positive work culture, and ideally has worked in food manufacturing. The Production Manager must have the ability to roll up their sleeves as a hands-on manager, as well as thinking strategically. This position reports directly to the director of operations and works closely with the CEO and the President of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will thrive on the challenges of:
- People-centered leadership in a manufacturing production setting
- Operation of automated equipment used for safe production and packaging of food products
- Ongoing process improvement
- Hiring and managing team members across all production areas
- Preparing production plans and schedules
- Training & employee education
- Participating in safety committee and staff safety training
This position requires the following:
- Knowledge of and experience with bottling lines and food production
- Ensuring departmental compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety policies
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical/Engineering aptitude for maintenance and troubleshooting or production equipment
- Computer fluency with regard to spreadsheets, email, and experience with inventory
- management software systems
- Five years of manufacturing experience (preferably food manufacturing), with at least two years in supervision/management
- A love for all things maple!
- Prepare production schedules
- Review time cards & approve
- Review production records to make sure they are accurate and complete
- Plant safety and staff safety training
- Sugarhouse inspections for bulk suppliers
- Source equipment for production needs
Required skills, education & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university – degree in operations, business, or a related field preferred.
- Ten plus years of work experience, with at least five years in operations management
- Knowledgeable in inventory, bill of materials, raw ingredient tracking, costing and other operational accounting functions
This is a salaried position and Runamok Maple provides a competitive benefits package, which includes: flexible paid time off; retirement benefits; life and disability insurance; and employee discounts.
- June 10, 2021 |
Runamok is a fast growing food manufacturer specializing in the production of premium barrel-aged, smoked and infused maple syrups. We currently have several openings on our production team. Wages for Production Associates range from $16 – 23 per hour, depending on experience. In addition to our wages, we also offer highly competitive benefits, including medical coverage, IRA contributions and more.
All candidates with strong attention to detail, positive attitudes and robust work ethic are encouraged to apply. Prior experience with food production is preferred, but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate who can dive in and learn quickly.
Desired skills and experience:
- Strong attention to detail
- Food manufacturing or culinary experience
- Mechanical troubleshooting ability and experience
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team
- Ability to be on your feet for 8-10 hrs per day
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Willingness to work 5 days a week, with occasional overtime during the busy holiday
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long term disability and life insurance
- IRA Contribution
- Paid vacation time
- Paid volunteer time
- Free monthly maple syrup!
- May 24, 2021 |
Love to be in the great outdoors? Looking for work with a highly competitive pay and benefit package? Want to find someplace with the opportunity for growth? Come join the team at Runamok Maple, the nation’s most innovative and fastest growing manufacturer of maple products.
We have several current openings with our sugaring team and we are looking for both seasonal and year-round applicants.
Wages start at $16 hour and include: employer sponsored health care, paid time off, paid holidays, IRA with company match, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, regularly available overtime, paid volunteer opportunities, and the chance to be part of an exciting, mission driven business. Oh, let’s not forget the free and discounted Runamok Maple syrup allowances. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
As a growing business we are looking for employees who will be able to grow and adapt as we do. While sugarmaking experience is certainly a plus, all candidates with diverse skill sets, positive attitudes and strong work ethic are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work in the woods under variable weather conditions 10 hours/day, 4 days/week
- Ability to hike steep/uneven terrain
- Ability to work around mosquitos and other pests
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Willingness to adopt a flexible work schedule during the sap season (late January through April), often requiring weekend work and overtime
- Proper work/outerwear, layers, and durable boots
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
Desired skills and experience:
- Maple sugaring experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- First Aid/CPR
- Chainsaw safety certification (Game of Logging)
- ATV/UTV experience
- Basic tree identification
- Problem solving skills
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Thursday
- Subject to change during sap season
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org