We have a number of job opportunities at the moment. See below for our full list of openings:
Director of Woodlands and Sugaring Operations
- September 22, 2020 |
We are seeking a Director of Woodlands and Sugaring Operations to provide leadership, strategic development and hands-on production management for our state-of-the-art sugarhouse in Cambridge, VT.
Runamok Maple employs a dynamic team of sales, manufacturing, operations and administrative staff who are changing the way people think about and use maple syrup. Runamok is a fast-growing, locally owned business with a sugarhouse in Cambridge, VT and remote woods in Bolton. Grounded in tradition, they take great pride in having an active role in developing the future of the industry. To accomplish the goal of being one of the most widely recognized brands in the maple industry they are building a cross-functional management team.
Are you a proven leader who is passionate about maple syrup and natural resource management?
Love working outside in Vermont’s glorious mountains and forests?
Enjoy strategic planning AND physically active work?
Have an entrepreneurial spirit?
Want to work for an innovative industry leader committed to sustainability?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team as the Director of Woodlands and Sugaring Operations!
The Director of Woodlands and Sugaring Operations is responsible for growing the sugaring business by meeting with land owners and customers to expand natural resource capabilities and producing exceptional products.
In the summer and fall the sugaring team builds and installs maple pipeline systems and high tensile agricultural fences, a seasonal line of the business that compliments the sugaring operation and supports a stable year-round workforce. Both operations are physically demanding and involve strenuous tasks.
If Selected for This Role, You Will
- Serve as an active collaborator on the senior leadership team to support a high-performance, result focused organization and culture
- Oversee the production of maple syrup from tree to finished product—woods and sugarhouse
- Manage operations across 2 large sugarbushes with a total of 100,000+ taps
- Hire, schedule and manage of a team of approximately 20 employees
- Work as a hands-on leader producing maple syrup and constructing fencing systems
- Coordinate movement between multiple off-site properties
- Communicate with multiple landowners to maintain positive relationships
- Play a contributing role in the creation of budget planning and growth strategies for our sugaring operation and sugaring expansion efforts
- Ensure expertise and effectiveness across the sugaring operations
- Create and/or refine reporting to the leadership team
- Maintain accurate records for all business activities
- Drive employee development to ensure an engaged and skilled workforce
- Build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability
- Develop and ensure adherence to key performance indicators (KPI’s) to meet business, and land owner, expectations
- Forge new relationships with additional landowners with the intent to purchase sap, manage woods, lease woods, or explore purchasing of land
- Establish standard operating procedures, institute strict safety protocols and standards to ensure the safety of our team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must have exceptional leadership, talent development and sugaring expertise
- Proven success in operational and financial management
- Strong people skills to build lasting relationships with land owners, team members, and customers
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in maple sugaring with at least 5 years in a leadership role is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of mapping and implementing new processes and procedures in a complex environment
- Self-motivated leader of both people and projects, a highly effective manager, and a passion for developing talent
- This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work within different aspects of a business.
- Thrive working independently and meeting multiple deadlines
- Must be comfortable with technology and software—including spreadsheets, etc.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and strong communicator
- September 22, 2020 |
Love to be in the great outdoors? Looking for work with a highly competitive pay and benefit package? Want to find someplace with the opportunity for growth? Come join the team at Runamok Maple, the nation’s most innovative and fastest growing manufacturer of maple products.
We have several current openings with our sugaring team and we are looking for both seasonal and year-round applicants.
*This position will report to our Bolton, VT location*
Wages start at $16 hour and include: employer sponsored health care, paid time off, paid holidays, IRA with company match, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, regularly available overtime, paid volunteer opportunities, and the chance to be part of an exciting, mission driven business. Oh, let’s not forget the free and discounted Runamok Maple syrup allowances. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
As a growing business we are looking for employees who will be able to grow and adapt as we do. While sugarmaking experience is certainly a plus, all candidates with diverse skill sets, positive attitudes and strong work ethic are encouraged to apply.
- September 22, 2020 |
Love all things maple? Looking for work with a highly competitive pay and benefit package? Want to find someplace with the opportunity for growth? Come join the team at Runamok Maple, the nation’s most innovative and fastest growing manufacturer of maple products.
We have an opening for a Warehouse Associate at our Fairfax facility, and are looking for a candidate who can help our team deliver a high quality product with high quality service.
Wages are competitive and include: employer sponsored health care, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan with a company match, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid volunteer opportunities, and the chance to be part of an exciting, mission driven business. Oh, let’s not forget the free and discounted Runamok Maple syrup allowances. We offer an exciting work environment and plenty of opportunity for growth.
Seriously, what are you waiting for?
Warehouse Associates are responsible for: receiving, warehousing and distributing all raw-materials and finished goods; loading and unloading trucks; picking and packing orders; and maintaining physical inventory. Successful candidates will display a high attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and a desire to achieve the highest standards of quality. Previous warehouse experience preferred, but we will train the right individual.