2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Runamok Strawberry Rose Maple Syrup
3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks), melted
1/4 tsp rose water
3/4 cup whole milk yogurt
7 strawberries, diced
4.5 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Champagne, cold
Pinch of salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, combine brown sugar, eggs, strawberry rose maple syrup, rose water, melted butter, and yogurt. Mix until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture to stand mixer and mix until fully incorporated, about 20-30 seconds. Do not over mix batter.
- Dice up 7 strawberries and sprinkle them on top of the batter, lightly mixing them in.
- Spray a 9 inch round baking pan with oil and dust with flour. Add batter and bake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before adding buttercream icing.
- To make the champagne buttercream, add powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, salt, and champagne to a stand mixer and mix until combined.
- Add icing to cake once cooled