Oatmeal is wholesome and nutritious… and a little boring. It needs some assertive flavors to turn it into a meal you would look forward to. Consider Runamok Maple your ally to keeping your breakfast healthy AND delicious. Our syrup is organic and all natural as are the ingredients we use for our infusions, so you can keep your commitment to good health. Add fruit, nuts, or seeds and you’ve got an excellent start to your day.
Start with plain oatmeal. There are many different types, all of which require different cooking times. (Here is a handy guide). We recommend steel cut oats or rolled oats because they cook quickly yet still retain most of their nutrition. Follow the cooking instructions on the package and serve warm. We are partial to a splash of whole milk or cream in addition, but that is optional.
Here are a few of our favorite combinations.
- Cinnamon+Vanilla Infused Maple with chopped, toasted pecans
- Jasmine Infused Maple with fresh blueberries
- Makrut Lime-Leaf Infused Maple with chopped pineapple and toasted cashews
- Coffee Bean Infused Maple with lightly toasted, thin-sliced almonds
- Whiskey Barrel-Aged Maple with sliced bananas and salted sunflower seeds
- Elderberry Infused Maple with red grapes
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple with a splash of heavy cream
- Rum Barrel-Aged Maple with sautéed apples and raisins
- Hibiscus Infused Maple with sliced strawberries
Oatmeal isn’t bland – it is the canvas upon which you put your favorite flavors… with a little help from Runamok.