This recipe was generously shared by Joanne Rappos of the blog, Olive and Mango .
This super simple 4 ingredient nice cream is one of my favorite things to make and snack on. Nice cream is very creamy like traditional ice cream but made by using frozen bananas. It’s obviously dairy free and naturally plant based and vegan. It’s also naturally sweetened from the ripened bananas as well as the other fruits involved in making it.
I decided to incorporate the cardamom infused maple syrup into my nice cream. I am a huge blueberry lover and enjoy adding them to my smoothies and love snacking on them frozen also especially on super hot days. They make the best snack. I love the flavours that cardamom adds to many fruit dishes, jams and pies and I thought it would elevate the flavours in my blueberry nice cream and I was not wrong. It’s subtle but it brings out the sweetness of the berries and complements and even intensifies the blueberry flavour in the nice cream.
I usually enjoy a scoop of it for brekkie or as a snack with a side of granola, a dollop of PB and whatever other add in I want like nuts and shredded coconut. It’s the perfect cool treat to enjoy on its own as well. And I’m usually making frequent trips to the freezer with my spoon in hand when I know there’s a batch in there. You don’t have to feel guilty when you go back for more and you can literally sit and eat the whole container of it and not need to shed a tear unlike dairy-full ice-cream. Give it a try and definitely add a dash of flavour with the cardamom!
- 4 firm ripe bananas , cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (I use frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp maple syrup plus more to taste (I used Runamok cardamom infused maple syrup)
- Combine bananas and blueberries, ground cardamom and syrup in a blender or food processor; puree, scraping down sides as needed, until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Cover and freeze.
- Let sit at room temperature 5 minutes before serving and scoop out and enjoy